Tiffany over at Reagan Marie gave this Kreativ Blogger award to my little blog! She lives just a little bit north of me in Canada, and I wonder if she says aboot. You can't tell in her blog. Thanks, Tiffany!
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Post the award on your blog, and link to the person who gave you the award.
2. List seven things you love.
3. List seven blogs you love.
4. E-mail or comment on those blogs to let the people know you've given them the award.
Seven things I love:
1. Jesus. He ROCKS!!
2. Chocolate. (Duh!)
3. Good food. I love the Melting Pot, wine, and nummy, tasty food. Like chocolate.
4. My kids, husband, and my life in general. Especially with chocolate.
5. Blogging. While eating chocolate.
6. Going to the park. And then eating chocolate.
7. Did I mention chocolate?
From JoEll at Life With a Toddler, I was nominated for Mom of the Year! WooHoo!
I am very grateful that people enjoy my blog enough to give me awards, and I will never complain about that. But this graphic in particular seems a little... depressing to me. Mom of The Year, and is the little girl crying over a couch, or is she laid over a knee? And "Sorry, honey?" What is that about? It seems like this is for "Not now, honey, Mommy is blogging!" or maybe "Dysfunctional Mom of the Year." I will admit, I am dysfunctional, you should have heard the snickers in line at the shoe store as Emma was telling a woman that the Easter Bunny poops on our floor every year, but this just seems a little strange, even for me.
But I digress. I do very much appreciate the award, and I know JoEll did not design it, she just found it in her kind heart to bestow it on me. Thanks, JoEll!
Here are the rules for this one:
•Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I had a hard time with this one. I am not one to carry "Mommy Guilt," so finding something I feel awful about just isn't me. I write my Not Me! Mondays! because I can laugh about it, and I know that I am doing the best I can, and I'm not going to stress about anything. The kids will be fine. We have fun. No guilt.
•Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love that they love singing and dancing together. They may not be the most musical and/or coordinated bunch, but we sure have a good time!
2. I love that they love each other. There is no jealousy in the household, and each child seems to appreciate the other kids for who they are. They also know how to show love to each other, which is amazing.
3. I love that they are all so very different. Each has his or her own strengths and personalities, and all get along for the most part.
4. I love that they love to snuggle me. I love family movie time, where Marty and I lay out on the couches, and each have a couple of kids snuggled up with us. It's the greatest feeling in the world.
5. I love taking them to the park like I did tonight. I love that the boys are starting to listen, so four kids at the park by myself is becoming more manageable. And by 'manageable' I mean we can go there but if Emma has to go potty, she's just gotta hold it till we get home.
6. I love going out in public and having complete strangers tell me I have a beautiful family and that I have extremely happy kids. And they are beautiful and happy. I have no idea why I am so blessed.
7. I love being silly with them. When Emma asks a question and I answer with, "I don't know, I think it was a monster," and she knows not to believe me. Or chasing the twins around with a plain sock on my hand, because we once had a sock puppet so now every sock is something to chase people with. Or just cooing at Drew. I love my kids so much.
OK, here's the deal. I am not going to assign winners of each of these awards, but I will list seven people I will award, and YOU get to choose which award and meme you want to display. My choices are:
1. Melissa over at Full Circle. I love her blog, she is in the amazing journey through the foster parenting process. And I get to send HER an award this time!
2. Gina at 7th Inning Stretch With Team D. What's better than adorable blog about an adorable pair of little girls? When the blogger is a lot like me, does Not Me! Mondays! and prays for Stellan, loves Jesus, and she married my cousin. I just found her blog last week, but I love it.
3. Amanda over at Vintage Dutch Girl. She is crafty (in the good way) and has creative skills I only wished I possessed. And who doesn't love someone who finds great bargains and then shares the details?
4. Tricia at Pure Chaos. This was one of the very first blogs I followed when I started blogging, and Tricia is fabulous, multi-talented, and a great mom. She rocks!
5. MckMama at My Charming Kids. MckMama is everything I strive to be in a blogger, and an excellent mother to boot. She shares her struggles and triumphs with such grace, and talks about her walk with Jesus openly and honestly. Seriously, if you have not read MckMama's blog by now, do it. Now. Seriously.
6. Christy at Butterflies In The Car Line. Christy shares her poetry, paintings, thoughts, and struggles in her blog with such an artistic flair. she truly is an inspiration, and has become a good bloggy friend.
7. Tiffiny at The Story Of Our Life. She is the originator of Thursdays with Tiffiny/Tiffani, and is a very creative gal and a fun blogger.
OK, ladies, here's the list! Choose which award you prefer, or if you want, take both. Whatever! Have a great night, and happy blogging!