1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I got pregnant. Just kidding, I guess that's old news for me, so that doesn't really count. I started helping my sister-in-law with wedding photography, and I started a blog!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My New Year's resolution this last year was, ironically, to not get pregnant this year. Whoopsie! My resolution for this year will be to lose most of the baby weight. I will not tempt God's sense of humor by resolving to not get pregnant again, but if it happens, I will be having a serious discussion with a certain doctor. There may be threats. We will see.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
In the last year? We got some new cousins, but no one really close to our family. I hope. If you are reading this and gave birth recently and I am forgetting about you, I am sorry. I am sleep deprived and a little insane.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
What kind of question is this? Would this really be entertainment for anyone?
5. What countries did you visit?
Right, in all my spare time, I became a world traveller. Actually, once I went to Canada, but that's five miles from my house, so I don't think that really counts.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Sleep. A hot meal. A massage.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
Mother's day, when I figured out I was pregnant. We were watching an episode of 30 Rock, where the main character suddenly realized her period was five days late. I thought, "That is so unrealistic. What self-respecting woman would not know she was five days late?" Then it hit me. I ran to the calendar and counted, and I was exactly five days late. I didn't even get to finish my glass of wine. Bummer.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was not checked into a mental institution. My kids are still alive, and my husband and I still love and even like each other. I consider this year a success.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't count failures. They are learning experiences. I refuse to be a guilt-ridden mommy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides morning sickness, I got two colds, and I think that's it. Not too bad!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New couches, with our stimulus check. The first furniture that we have owned that did not belong to anyone else first.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Umm, everyone's? Really, this is a year in review question? I think even the worst person must have had a moment of good behavior in an entire year!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Black Friday Shoppers, but I have already vented about that.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Costco. Diapers and groceries are a killer. We go through a gallon of milk a day and a Costco case of diapers a month. That's $140 a month with just milk and diapers.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got to go to Las Vegas with my bestest friend in the whole wide world! Oh, yeah, we took our husbands along, too.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
I don't put a timeline to music. I really cannot think of much, since I don't listen to modern music, so everything else will be also very prevalent in the surrounding years. "If you like to waltz with tomatoes..."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder, thinner/heavier, richer/poorer?
Much heavier. Much poorer. I'm usually pretty happy.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Organizing my house before I got pregnant again. Sleep.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Puking. Espesially puking with small children wrestling at my feet.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Who knows? We hope to be spending it with family, but we might be spending it at the hospital giving birth. Time will tell!
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Probably Holly. She keeps me in contact with the outside world.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I could be sappy and say I fell in love with my husband all over again, but that's a little too romantic and flowery for me. I fell in love with chocolate again!
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
What kind of crazy question is that?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Chuck. By far, the greatest TV show ever.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm a lover, not a hater. Or something like that.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered that my daughter is as completely tone deaf as I am. Just great.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
A winning lotto ticket. Drat, I must have to buy them to win... I was hoping one would just show up at my door, but no, sirree!
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
The only movie we saw in the theater was Hancock, and it was good. Usually we try to watch a movie at home and I fall asleep before it's halfway done, so I really can't say anything was outstanding enough to keep me awake.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31. I have no idea what I did, that was a long time ago.
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lotto? Discovering the fountain of youth and skinniness? Not hitting the 200 pound milestone again?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Well, we start with a stylish collection of my husband's sweats and five year old maternity jeans. Top them off with the few shirts I have left that are long enough to cover my massive belly, most of them purchased at men's athletic stores, and accessorize with some very stylish slip on suede shoes since I can't tie my own shoes anymore. Add a few stains and slobber marks to each ensemble, and you have my stylish 'fashion concept.' Anyone jealous?
34. What kept you sane?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Like I'm sane! That's a good one!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That would mean I would have to follow the lives of celebrities. Seriously, who cares? I can hardly keep my own family straight, and I am supposed to care about what complete strangers are doing with their lives?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election was a big one, but I don't know that it 'stirred' me.
37. Who did you miss?
Always Teresa. She needs to move closer.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Crapola, I am supposed to keep track of every new person I meet and the year in which I meet them? You should have told me that ahead of time!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't have the garage sale to get rid of all your baby stuff before your husband gets his vasectomy.
DVR's are the greatest invention in the world.
White couches are not a good idea with small children, no matter how much your husband likes them. It is better to go with a shade of dirt, or blood, or leaky diapers.
Two two year olds are four times as loud as one two year old.
Potty training boys is a lot harder than potty training girls.
Pee is not the worst thing in the world to clean up.
Cat pee is a different story.
You cannot have both a clean house and happy kids. Get over it.
If your house is dirty, and your kids are happy, those who really love you won't care about the mess.
Money won't buy happiness. But it would sure make things easier.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
I have to quote a song lyric? Jeez, I can't even remember my name most days, and you want me to quote a song lyric?!? Hmmm.. I'll have to come back to that one. Dang, it's the last question! Ummm... Living la vida loca?