Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's Goin' On

We have been busy here in Stauffer-land.

First of all, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers regarding Marty's Grandma. She made it through surgery fine, and the doctors said everything went "surprisingly well." He said that the damage that they found should have killed her, and they were amazed that she made it to surgery, not just through surgery.

Who says God doesn't move mountains? Thank you Lord, for the miracle of Grandma's life.

On the closer home-front, on Friday Ben spiked a fever. In the afternoon and evening, it was around 101-102. By ten at night it was 104.3. I put him in the bathtub and sent Marty to the store for some Motrin. I took it again, and it was up to 106. I was starting to panic be a little concerned. I started slowly pouring lukewarm water over his head and chest, and dosed him with Motrin. About fifteen minutes later, it was down to 103. By the time I put him in bed, it was 100.7. That I can handle.

The next day, he was fine. Woke up with a temp of 98.3, and acted as if nothing had happened. Crazy Ben.

Saturday night, however, Grant did the same thing. So we Motrin-ed him and bathed him, he got up to 105 at the peak, and he was fine by morning. Strange thing, this bug.

Sunday was our family reunion. I knew that Grant was fine, as he was following Ben's lead. However, I did not want to find out that he was still contagious and have us infect someone else. Really, who wants to be known as the one who made Great Aunt So and So sick and die? No, thank you.

I took Emma and Drew and left Marty home with the twins. I have to be honest, having two kids to look after was a piece of cake. We have never really experienced that before, since we went from one child to three children. I kinda like it. We will have to do things like that more often.

And today, Drew has a fever. His is not anywhere near the twins' so there is a good chance that his is more teething related than virus related, but we are taking no chances. We are prepared and ready for it if it gets high.

I'm sorry I am not blogging much lately, I seem to have absolutely no time at all to sit down and write. The kids are still doing funny things, I just can't get on here to tell all of you about them. This is the time of year that I have to fight Marty for the computer in the evenings, as his three fantasy football teams need some time and attention, too.

OK, I'm off to get Emma from the school bus. Man, fall is busy.


Anonymous said...

Holy Moly Girl!!! Well you you can't make thursday I totally understand!! Let me know if there is anything I can do...the hub is gone again so i can do laundry =)!!

Carmen O. said...

i would have been at the ER girl! temperatures scare me. glsd theyre doing better.

DJan said...

Sounds like you know exactly what to do, and it's great that you got a chance to be a mom for half as many for awhile. I am amazed that you have ANY extra time, much less blog as much as you do... I think your stories are great, but this is a time your kids need you more than I do!