1. It is not fun when your kids are sick and have to be hospitalized. However, Children's Hospital is truly the best place to be in all the land if you are ever in our situation.
2. Prayer works. Period.
3. Distraction is a great thing. Letting your three year old watch America's Funnies Home Videos and old episodes of Tom and Jerry will provide him serious entertainment while he is in the hospital.
4. Upon arriving home, you will discover that watching Tom and Jerry has instilled a thought in your child's mind that it is OK to hit people over the head with things. The time spent watching America's Funniest Home Videos will create a three year old who laughs uproariously when someone is hurt or sad. You will find yourself regretting this particular form of distraction when you realize that your child now hits his siblings, then laughs and slaps his knee.
5. You will quickly go from the thought of 'I want my family back together again' to 'when do we get to go back for the follow up appointment?', just to have a break from the fighting.
6. No matter what is going on, God is always in control. And he will show Himself to you, all you have to do is look for Him.
7. We have the greatest friends and family in all the world, and we are so thankful for you all.
8. Despite all the hitting, slapping, fighting, crying, and laughing, it is the greatest thing ever to have your whole family under one roof. Especially when your whole family is on the mend and healing very, very well.