So I am into the world of resolutions again. Personally, I like resolutions. I like the idea of having a goal in mind to better yourself with a deadline. I know I have things I can work on personally, and I like to be purposeful in trying to become a better person. I think I could get caught up very easily in the idea of I want to do something different, I'll change someday. Well, someday is now. Or, at least in the next 365 days. So here's my list for the year.
1. I want to work on being more intentional in everything I do. I firmly believe that it is perfectly fine to sit down at the computer and blog, or get on Facebook, or check my e-mail, but only if that is my plan. It is not OK to be rotating laundry and walk by the computer, them sit down to check my e-mail just for a minute, then waste twenty minutes because I get caught up in a Facebook chat, never finishing the laundry. I need to be intentional with my time and in my actions.
2. I want to do some sort of physical activity besides chasing toddlers. I am recognizing that I am not as fit as I used to be (although the hurdler impersonation I did at Girl's Night was a great hit,) and I refuse to think that my body is only going to go downhill from here. I'm not sure what it is that I want to do, but I want to do some sort of regular exercise. Oh, and along with that, I want to be in good enough shape that I am comfortable going out in a swimsuit without feeling like I need to warn my neighbors first. Am I going for perfection? Not even close. I just don't want anyone calling Animal Control over the manatee that washed up in my yard.
3. I want to continue my quest for more organization in my household. I think we are on the right track, and we are moving forward, but I want to keep going. I need order, which is hard to find in a 1,400 square foot house with six people and no storage space. Oh, and without the funds to buy shelving or storage bins. We gotta eat, you know.
4. I want to be a better wife to my husband. I want to watch how I speak to him and be respectful. I tent to be a bit enthusiastic in my speaking, and I often take the wrong tone without meaning to. If I am wanting him to take me seriously, I don't need to sound like I am yelling at him, so I want to work on that.
5. I want to be a better mother to my children. I want to spend more time with them, and love them with all that I have in me. I want to re-work our daily routine to include some school time every day, and to be more involved with their play time.
6. And, once again, I want to retain enough sanity to not be institutionalized this year. I know it's a long shot, but these resolutions need to be a challenge, you know?
What are your resolutions?
That's an awesome list!
I think some of these will come naturally. You already are a great mom and fantastic blogger. I go to our local YMCA which has a great bunch of people to encourage your fitness goal. And they have child care! I spend a few minutes every day watching the babies play...
Post a Comment